Millions of Americans lose teeth every year despite advancements in the field of dentistry, mostly as a result of periodontal disease, tooth decay, or trauma. Dentures and bridges were the only treatments available for people suffering from problems related to missing teeth in the past years. But, one can go for dental implant treatment in today’s time. We will discuss the essential aspects of dental implant treatment in this blog.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are considered to be one of the most popular tooth replacement options. Fixed (permanent) or removable replacement teeth that are created to match your original teeth can be supported securely with implants.
What Are The Major Advantages Of Dental Implants?
Most people choose dental implants over other teeth replacement options due to the numerous benefits offered. We have listed the benefits of dental implants in the pointers below:
- Improves the appearance – Dental implants match your natural teeth in both appearance and feel. They also become a permanent option as the implants are fused to the bone during treatment.
- Good for your speech – It has been seen that people going for denture treatment often suffer from the problem of slurring or stuttering due to slippage. This is not the case with dental implants. In fact, dental might improve your speech to an extent.
- They are a comfortable option – Dental implants are a comfortable option to choose. They alleviate the discomfort associated with removable dentures since dental implants integrate into your body.
- Does not create any trouble while eating – Chewing may be challenging with sliding dentures. Dental implants replicate the function of your natural teeth, allowing you to consume the food items you love without having to go through any pain.
- Boosts your self-esteem – Missing one or multiple teeth for any reason can create a dent in your overall appearance and ultimately negatively impact your self-esteem. Going for dental implant treatment helps to replace the missing teeth effectively and also enables you to regain your self-esteem.
- They are good for your dental health – While a tooth-supported bridge necessitates the reduction of adjacent teeth, dental implants do not. As the surrounding teeth are not altered to support dental implants, more of your teeth are left intact, ultimately improving your dental health in the long run. Additionally, individual implants make it simpler to clean in between teeth.
- They are a durable option –Most tooth replacement options such as dentures and bridges do not last for a long time. They need to be either replaced or repaired. Dental implants, on the other hand, last for almost a lifetime with the help of a proper dental hygiene routine.
Are Dental Implants Successful?
The success percentage of dental implants usually depends on where in the jaw they are placed. Dental implants have a success percentage of 98%. As mentioned before, they can last a lifetime with proper care.
Can Every Person Go For Dental Implants?
Most people who are healthy enough to undergo oral surgery or standard tooth extraction can be considered “an ideal candidate” for dental implant treatment. Patients should have sufficient bone to support the implant as well as healthy gums. They must be dedicated to maintaining proper oral hygiene and going to the dentist on a regular basis.
Patients who are heavy smokers, have uncontrolled chronic illnesses like diabetes or heart disease or have had radiation therapy to the head and neck region need to be assessed individually. Consulting a dentist will help you know if the dental implant treatment is the right choice in your case.
Schedule an appointment at Aero Dentistry if you are looking for the best dental implant treatment in San Diego, CA, and nearby. Give us a call to book your visit.